The Memory of Water: The Holy Ganga and Me...

Although it's quite bizarre, but yes- water does have memory. Its a fact that astonished me too at first when it was revealed in one of the most famous animated Disney movies called Frozen. I know- it was absolutely great!

Because of this exact relevation, rivers ,especially in India, are deemed as beacons of the Divine Conscience and of great historical significance. I mean, let's take a while to ponder about it! A glacier melts and that river travels from great heights to small towns, villages and hamlets to cities whose life depends on those rivers. A great example of this is the river Ganga. Just as a person who travels alot gains exposure and experience, a river too gathers several stories of all those places it strides into. 

How???

I don't mean to be theoretical. So, let me be practical about this. We all are particles alive with some energy or waves. Water has the property to absorb energy and waves, something I have talked in detail in my previous posts. Therefore, as a river travels all the places, it gathers energy and all the junctions of the river actually define it. High altitude places are considered of purity and doorstep of heaven such as the mountains. One would be like the Mount Kailash, the humble abode of Shiva, which is an embodiment of mysterious yet highly influential and pristine vibe. One may remain speechless for a lifetime if he/she visits it (of course, if that would be possible). Later, the water body descends into various places and collects their energies as well through the water molecules.

A Personal Experience

A week ago, I went on a pilgrimage to Haridwar and Rishikesh, two of the most spiritual and sacred places in India. In my next post, I will be   further elaborating about my trip. The main highlight of the entire vacation was River Ganga who is revered as a Goddess and the giver for the inhabitants of these cities and many more. She descends from a glacier in Gangotri. I fell in love with her tranquility and serenity which absolutely makes you forget all the curveballs of your life. I felt cuddled and secured in her lap. Legend says that taking a sacred dip in Ganga can wash away all your sins and purify your aura. I am not sure whether my sins have been completely washed away, however, its certain that my Chi (inner, core energy) has attained another level of spirituality and composure. Here are a few pics below of my experience and Date with the River Ganges:


Also, we went to TriVeni ( as in a combination of the energies of the three Goddesses in Hindu Mythology: Saraswati, Laxmi and Durga). This place a confluence of three holy significant Rivers the Ganges, Yamuna and Saraswati. This is one of the most revered sacred bathing spot in Rishikesh where many pilgrims visit. I even met a very sweet lady, a resident on the banks, who told me about the history of this place.


Me and my mother meditated there for a while, ensconced in the serenity and pulchritude of the nature. I have just  captured a beautiful part of this beautiful moment:



Right next to the holy water body, was a man playing the flute with mellifluous notes of the Sanskrit Prayers and praises of  Lord Krishna. 

I absolutely enjoyed my pilgrimage to Haridwar and the quality time I spent with river Ganga. I bet you must have too gone to some spiritual kind of place. In the comments section below, share your experience and how you felt at that time!
#CoolPilgrimages

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Starting.....