My MahaShivratri!

 In the above video and pictures, you can see me and my family cherishing our moments on MahaShivratri at some beautiful MahaDev temples.

👉This year MahaShivratri was on 11th March, 2021. It is one of my favorite Hindu festivals of the year because  I am huge devotee of Shivji, MahaDev (The Destroyer) in Hindu Mythology. MahaShivratri is the day Shivji got married and throughout the Universe, euphoria spread. Often on this day, me, my mom, my aunt and cousins have an adventurous two-hour road trip to some exquisite Shiv Temple. Last year, in the midst of this pandemic, we went to an intricate Shiv Temple in the Talwara District in Punjab. It had so, so many stairs to reach the top. I guess I must have lost a kg or two! Suddenly, I felt restless and breathless; however, it was worth the exercise. Moreover, Parvati's penance in the Hindu Mythology for Shiva is quite renowned. I mean, hats off to her! On the occasion of MahaShivratri, everyone was relishing the fritters made of Bhang ( an Indian, natural mariguana that Shivji often used to take in his chillum {smoke}) and were dancing in a complete trance. Me and my massi danced as well!


We then entered the temple and found small shrines of each incarnation of Mahadev like Hanuman, Rudra, his wife Mata Durga. It was quite tranquil and after paying obeisance, we received our prashad. The architecture of the temple seemed of great antiquity yet with a divine pulchritude. This year, 2021, we went to another temple in the Kangra District called MahaKaleshwar. This temple of Shivji had an altogether different history of Mahadev and Mata Kali. According to the resources and archaeologists of Hindu Mythology, Mata Kali had come to earth to remove all evil from this planet; nevertheless, Her bloodthirst for evil spiked. To control all this, Shivji had to merge into her body for managing this bloodthirst and even once even bowed down to her, to cease all the unrelenting killings. This incidence happened in the Kangra Valley. There was even a beautiful Shivling where I poured some water upon it and we all had quite a religious prayer with some Hindu Rituals where we yearned for life long happiness. The temple association even played the Shehnai, and its melodious tune marked the auspicious occasion of Mahadev's marriage. When we entered, there was a long queue. But once again, it was worth the wait. Not only did the shrines have a culturally, Indian heritage infrastructure, but there was also a 'Pracheen mandir', a temple of pristinity, purity and calmness. People from all over had come to pay gratitude to 'The Destroyer' and wished for happiness in this world. Its like everyone just has a unique relationship with the MahaDev, including me. More than a God, He is more of a role model who inspires both women and men to be strong. It is said that if you often pray Him, you become fearless of death. That is true, since He has a third eye which when opened, causes utter destruction of the planet and leads to regeneration. Extreme heat and light is emitted from it but this takes away all the Maya (illusion) from your life and paves paths of clarity ( as I told in my previous post of opening the Third Eye). 

I also reminisce an adorable memory where we all were whispering our wishes and desires in the small ears of the Nandi ( Shivji's best friend and supporter) because many believed that whatever you want comes true when you tell Nandi. I believed so, too as after all we are alive and hopeful because of our faith and beliefs. I did have long list but don't worry- I finished my list of wishes on time! 

The day of MahaShivratri is the new year of my personal life when all worries of mine will be well taken care of- My Great Father, My Backbone: MahaDev. In addition to this, the quality time I spent with my family was just unforgettable especially our groove to the loud music we played during our road trip. At dusk, we danced to songs of Shivji and ate fritters (without Bhang although my younger cousin insisted to eat). Once we reached home, we all had a cozy smiles on our faces. I am even looking forward to celebrate next year's MahaShivratri with my family.
Above the post and below are some pictures and videos of me and my family enjoying!:










In the comments section below, you can also write and share about your favorite festivals of the year and tell what you like most about them!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Starting.....